Der Resin Kavalier

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Viva Espana, part 2

Follow-Up to Yesterday's Post

 Yesterday, I wrote about my conversion of some ACTA French Line into Bourbon Spanish infantry. I left you with some primed figures which unfortunately didn't convey the final product. I hope to rectify that today. Below is the "master figure" for my Spanish contingent (see my September blog for an explanation of "master figures"). He represents a soldier from the Regiment Grenada. The colors and details came from the long out-of-print Funcken book: Uniforms and Arms of Soldiers of the First Empire. If you can pick up a copy somewhere, it is well worth it. It's a two volume set, published originally in the late 1960's. I have had this set for some fifty plus years now, and I find it still valuable.



8 comments:

  1. Your conversion shows up very well in this painted Master. The Spanish uniforms of the early Napoleonic era are quite striking. I thoroughly enjoyed painting up my Spanish army!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Although I have painted many Napoleonic armies over the years, I have only painted four or five Spanish units and that was many years ago and in 30 mm, the standard at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done! There is a satisfaction to simple but effective conversions and these look great painted up.

    Its a shame the 1/32nd Italeri Napoleonic sets seem to have largely disappeared, but they can be found. Slightly bigger than ACTA but a good match for AIP.
    Their French Dragoons were superb and the General Staff very useful. Their French in bicornes look good in pics but their timing was late for me and I haven't seen them in the flesh.
    Can't seem to get my link past security but you should turn them up if you search on Italeri Napoleonic French Infantry 1790-1805 or copy and paste:
    https://www.halifaxmodellersworld.co.uk/it6883-napoleonic-french-infantry-1790-1805-3714-p.asp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I was surprised how well the conversion and paint job turned out. I will check out that web site. My next concern is finding a suitable figure to convert to an artilleryman. With the golf season winding down with the approach of November, hopefully our production rate will increase. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work!
    Can I ask if you might put one of those followers thingies at the side of your blog so it is easier to keep up with your poss? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. The project is coming along nicely. There is a "subscribe" gadget, along with a "followers" list, but you have to scroll down to the bottom (passing through a couple of posts) before you get to it. I'm sure there is a better way to place it, but I've yet to figure it out. again, thank you. I always look forward to comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just discovered your blog Alan, it's a cracker.
    Regards,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was a bit puzzled by your comment "it's a cracker". The phrase is not much used on this side of the pond, at least not here in New England. But I am grateful for the compliment. The Regiment Grenada is just about finished, and will be posted in the next few days.

      Delete