Der Resin Kavalier

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Some Things I Should Have Learned By Now

In my last post, you met two wildcards in the ongoing War of Franconian Succession, the Duchies of Burgundy, and doughty little Grand Fenwick. If truth be told, both started as after thoughts. Burgundy started out as the Irish Regiments in Spanish Service, circa 1756. But I needed another player and since all of their standards contain Burgundian Crosses, why not make them, say, Burgundian?

 Grand Fenwick started many years ago. I was either in high school or college at the time, so probably the late 60's (that's 1960's for our younger readers), and I picked up a book at my local library by Leonard Wibberley titled The Mouse That Roared. It was a satire on post-war diplomacy so absurd in concept that I not only loved it, but sought out its 2 or 3 sequels. 

Now as for the Grand Fenwickian Army, I turned their longbows in for muskets and their chain mail for Massachusetts Provincial uniforms for the French and Indian War. The figures are made by LOD as part of their Barszo  line of resin figures. Originally representing British infantry at the time, I just painted them up as Provincials (seen below). The flag was found online, downloaded, and resized.


Doughty Defenders of the Realm

My mistake having a few figures left over. "I'll just paint up one', I said to myself, 'just to see how they look as British regulars."  In truth, I have just painted the one below. "No more...just the one"

"Yup, no more..."

The order went out this morning. So much for things I should have learned by now!

Until next time...


2 comments: