Der Resin Kavalier

Monday, April 29, 2019

Getting Ready for Huzzah!

Getting Ready For Huzzah!

Here in New England, perhaps the premiere (at least in my opinion) regular convention is Huzzah!, put on by the Maine Historical Wargames Association (MHWA) in mid-May. It's coming up in about three weeks in South Portland, ME. From May 17-19, gamers from both the northeast and nearby Canadian provinces will get together, play games, and renew old friendships (and even make a few new ones!). There will be vendors, raffles, and even a flea market, so you might just pick up a bargain, or better still, find those figures you wanted, but waited too late to get.

This year my contribution is a slightly modified Charge! game, using most of the 54's you've seen in earlier posts. Recent experience, that being a scenario I set up on one of my group's (OCW) regular Thursday evening get together, showed a few things that needed to be changed. Likewise, one rule I hoped to use had to be discarded as it badly unbalanced the game. Others may yet be modified but overall, the concept was sound. 

So, if you go to Huzzah!, stop by and say hello. My game is Saturday evening, starting about 7:00, as the Federated and United Provinces defend against the aggressions of the Royalist Coalition. (Or, the Royalist Coalition, fights a defensive action against the land grabbing provincials who fancy themselves a nation).

4 comments:

  1. Have a great time at Huzzah! Perhaps you could take a few pics for those of us who can't be there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my intention. Other than my game on Saturday, I've only signed up for two others, so with a bit of luck I will have many pictures to share. Of course my primary efforts will be to record my Charge! game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al, unfortunately my game (CoC) is at the same time as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well...at least I'll get to see you and so many others of the Middle Guard (or are we now the Old Guard?) Hmmm...

      Delete