Der Resin Kavalier

Friday, January 18, 2019

Reinforcements, Part 1

Reinforcements (Part 1)

In my last post, I described ongoing and imaginary campaign in post-1783 North America. Over the next couple of entries, the armies involved will make their appearance, along with some solo as well as multiple player games.
In a series of earlier posts, I looked at several manufacturers. One I omitted was the figures provided by HaT Industries, mainly because at that time, they were hard to come by. Well, apparently their production has resumed and they are much more widely available. Of particular note are the Prussian Seven Years War sets (9400, 9401, and 9402). The heads for musketeers, fusiliers, and grenadiers are included with each set. They make great Hessians/Brunswickers for the AWI.

HaT Hessian Grenadiers
 The photo above shows  most of the Grenadier Regiment von Rall (or at least my interpretation of it). A couple of grenadier figures, and the Drummer are still on the painting table almost, but not quite, done. The one below shows another from the same set, but with a fusilier cap.

5 comments:

  1. I like these!

    BTW do you have one of Ken's George Washington figures? If so would you like a twin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere in my collection of various alloys there is indeed a George Washington figure by Ken, unpainted and no doubt languishing with Martha at Mount Vernon (in spirit). Thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid he would end up like his twin, at least for the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do love the HaT figures. Cheap and flexible with the different headgear. And with more detail than many of the play-set figures I have painted over the years. I stocked up when they came back into production.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, if only the SYW Austrians would come out...

    ReplyDelete